Nigeria is a beautiful place to live in and there are various tourist centres where you can visit if you want to have a good time and relax.
Here, I would be giving you 5 of the Best places in the 36 states of Nigeria where you can visit, go on a vacation or even spend your honeymoon.
- Port Harcourt Pleasure Park: This is an amusement park located in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. It is a public recreation park operated by international staff of Julius berger. It serves as a tourist destination and revenue generator for the state. It has the following facilities; A cinema, 2 Restaurants (Italian and Lebanese), pedal boat ride, virtual reality games, fitness equipment, playgrounds, other games etc. The natural and peaceful surroundings of the park will provide you with the excitement, fun and relaxation that you want. Birthdays, Photoshoots and weddings etc. can be conducted in the park.
- Lekki Conservation Centre: This is a top tourist spot located in Lekki Peninsula, Lagos. It is a 21-year old conservation centre operated by the Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF). It has the following facilities; pedal boats, quad bikes, Lekki Leisure lake, jet ski, canopy walk etc. This place is an important place to visit if one wants to appreciate plants and animals in their natural habitat.
- Obudu Mountain Resort: This is one of the most popular tourist destinations located in the highlands and deep forests of Obudu, Cross Rivers state. It is also known as Obudu Cattle Ranch. Some of the activities include; riding cable cars, swimming in the springs, spotting rare primates etc. This mountain resort offers a combination of ideal tranquility and adventure if you’re seeking such because it has various beautiful mountain-area and countryside views.
- Thought Pyramid Art Centre, Abuja: This is the no 1 art gallery in Nigeria and is located in Wuse 11, Abuja. It is an independent, non-profit and modern art area with the goal of collecting, preserving and studying contemporary art of Africa and its African Diaspora. It houses an art gallery, an indigenous restaurant with a charming environment and a wide, neat space.
- Yankari National Park and Game Reserve: It is situated in Alkaleri local government area of Bauchi State. This park is known to be the first of its kind in the whole of West Africa because it attracts tourists and visitors from various parts of the World at large. Some of its attractions include; a large variety of animals, Wikki natural warm springs with top-notch bathing facilities, Marshall cave and fish ponds. It is the best place to visit if one wants to see animals such as hippopotamuses, antelopes, giraffes, hyenas, baboons etc.
If you’re a Nigerian living in Nigeria and you are looking for tourist centres to visit, go on a vacation or have a honeymoon, you don’t have to travel outside the country to get what you want as you can get that in Nigeria.